Saturday, September 21, 2013

An open letter to the Sharks and Stingrays of Manila Ocean Park

 

Dear Sharks and Stingrays of Manila Ocean Park,

It was nice meeting you. The experience is certainly something that I’ll treasure for the rest of my life. I never thought you guys could be this so nice, way different from how you’ve been interpreted in most of the movies I’ve watched. You’re smiles makes me forget the fact that you are captivated and you’d be happier in the wild. I hope the deepness of the water in the pool is just right for you and our presence during the encounter did not stress or made you any grave harm.

Manila Ocean Park Stingrays

I apologize for excitedly plunging in the water just so I can really get the feel of you. I don’t know why you keep on going near my feet, good thing I’m aware and did not accidentally step on you.

Sharks and Stingrays of Manila Ocean Park  Sharks and Stingrays of Manila Ocean Park

I’m sorry.     

Sharks and Stingrays of Manila Ocean Park   Sharks and Stingrays of Manila Ocean Park 
Just so you know, I made this letter public so everyone who will visit you next time will never do the same thing I did. I should have followed the instructions given by the Manila Ocean Park personnel before going in the pool.  

sharks and stingrays in manila

I’m not really a fan of oceanariums for I believe that these God made creatures should’ve been enjoying their own brand of freedom in the wild. I hope when you get bigger, the oceanariums will not get bigger, but rather, they will release you guys in the open ocean where you can swim free and create more babies for the preservation of your kind.

It will be a relief to know if manila ocean park’s next event is releasing their tenured or old fishes in the wild. Because if preservation, and education about marine lives is their primary purpose, such event will create impact not only here in the Philippines, but all over the world.

Again, to the Sharks and Stingrays of Manila Ocean Park, it was nice meeting you. I hope, next time I’ll swim with you in the wild.

Regards,

Juan Hapito   

No comments:

Post a Comment