Thursday, November 24, 2011

THE ROAD (kanto film review)

 road

Tonight, I have witnessed a horror movie that is not scary, but spine chilling.

To get you familiarize with the story, The Road is about a twelve-year-old cold case, which is reopened when three teenagers go missing while traversing an infamous and abandoned road. As investigators try to find leads to the whereabouts of the missing teens, they also unearth the road’s gruesome past that spans two decades – a history of abduction, crimes and murders. Although the road is isolated, anyone who tries to pass through it can be sure that he is not alone. Lingering in the dark and desolate pathway is a vengeful ghost who makes sure no one leaves the road – alive.

What I like about this movie is really the story. Its unexpected, very close to reality and not the typical type of mainstream horror movies we've seen here in the Philippines. For me, its more of a think movie rather than a scream fest film, which I think we Filipinos MUST start appreciating. 

I also like the fact that Yam Laranas, the Director, did not tolerate the tweetum <did I spelled that right> image of the young actors Barbie Forteza, Louise delos Reyes and Derrick Monasterio. Rhian Ramos portrayed her role excellently. Although, Alden Richards lack the skills for his role, his attempt to portray it was impressive.

CRW_1508_1

The thing that really intrigues me in this movie is the character concept. The movie is definitely a clear reflection of Karma and what is happening here in the Philippines. I feel like Mr. Laranas and Aloy Adlawan, (screenplay), provided answer to why there is long impunity in this country. And that’s how it becomes spine chilling for me. I think they did not just want to tell a story, but they wish to deliver a message “that no one can escape sin”.

Finally, GMA films is back in producing movies that has social relevance like Deathrow, Muro Ami etc.


The road will hit the big screen nationwide beginning November 30, 2011

DISCLAIMER: Since many knows that I wanted to work under a film production, I’m not writing this review to make sipsip to GMA films. The Road for me is a special movie, a really good Filipino movie output that should be seen by many. :D cheers!

2 comments:

  1. WATCH PINOY LIVE TV HERE IN HD -> CLICK HERE

    WATCH PINOY TV SHOW REPLAYS IN HD -> CLICK HERE

    WATCH FULL PINOY AND FOREIGN MOVIES -> CLICK HERE

    WATCH TRENDING SHOWBIZ VIDEO -> CLICK HERE

    LISENING RADIO -> CLICK HERE

    LIKE US ON FB -> PINOYTAYO FACEBOOK UPDATE

    ReplyDelete