Sunday, November 20, 2011

How my evening gone enchanted with Maestro Ryan Cayabyab and the 1001 Voices of Christmas (SANG LIBO’T ISANG TINIG NG PASKO: The Araneta Center Christmas Special)


I never thought I'll be able to watch Ryan Cayayab’s concert tonight. I’m just supposed to attend a press conference, then luckily I got invited by Kuya Ricky.

Anyways, that’s not what I really want to talk about, though I’m very thankful to Kuya Ricky and Araneta Coliseum for the wonderful and enchanting experience surely I can never just feel anywhere.

We (me and my blogger friends) were sitting on the patron, near the simple yet elegant stage, centered with a giant Christmas Tree while the flooring turns out to be a huge keyboard. Honestly, I’ve no idea of what’s going to happen because I only learned about this event hours after I got invited, and my expectation was, (although I’m aware of Mr. C’s excellence, I just thought ----> ) this will just be another concert, but I was wrong. When Mr. C approached the stage and a thousand of people dressed or group in different colors (representing their chorale or glee club maybe) stood up at the back of the stage, I suddenly got Goosebumps. They provided a more visually enticing effect of the view. We all thought that those people will perform in chronological order, but unexpectedly they all sang in harmony. The opening makes me feel like entering the gates of heaven because of those majestic voices with the accompaniment of Manila Symphony Orchestra. I’m not really that excited of Christmas but that opening makes me want it tomorrow. No joke, but this will surely sound funny, I was hooked by the opening performance without realizing the title of the song. I was just suddenly mesmerized and felt like being in a spell.

The following performance nailed me from my seat. It started with KC Concepcion followed by Nyoy Volante and a group of known artists (I forgot their names), Angeline Quinto, the eccentric Marcelito Pomoy, Ariel Rivera, World renown opera singer Rachelle Gerodias, Piolo Pascual and the Miss Saigon Lea Salonga which buried me deep down into enchantment. Her voice is not just World Class but Immortal for my ears.

My amazement did not stop there. After all the performance, Mr. C told the audience that the idea of having that kind of concert started when the Vice Chairman of Araneta Group Mrs. Judy Araneta Roxas, chanced upon an interview of him expressing his dream concert at the big dome. They invited 1001 voices of several award winning choirs from Luzon Visayas and Mindanao to sing together original Pilipino music (OPM) as one. Connecting all Filipinos through Music, Ryan Cayabyab is truly a Master in the Philippine Music Industry.

I remember he said “Kapag may pangarap ka, i-express mo”, after which, I feel like shouting my dream off to my throat. The concert did not just entertained me. It also proved me the power of dreams and expression.
Bloggers with Mr. C, photo courtesy of Ricky Castillo
This special will be aired later tonight (November 20) at ABS-CBN’s Sundays Best. Hosted by Miss Universe Philippines 2011 and 10 Shamcey Supsup and Venus Raj.

I suggest you watch it too and get your evening enchanted as well. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Super ganda po! maipagmamalaki sa buong mundo. Congratulationg, Maestro Ryan! God bless po!

    ReplyDelete