Tuesday, October 18, 2011

PAINTINGS ON SHIRT: Vicente Manansala, Freeway Featured Artist





"Painting is my life, if I stop painting, I stop breathing" - Vicente Manansala (1910 - 1981), National Artist for Visual Arts.

It is common for me to see paintings on Museum and prestige galleria, but to wear one would be exceptional. That's what I like about Freeway, they just not make you observe Art. but also make you study and experience it.

I've been a fan since 2009, when they introduced their National Artist Collection Series, starting with Nick Joaquin ( NA for Literature), followed by Ang KiuKok ( NA for Visual Arts), Jose Garcia Villa ( NA for Literature), Ramon Valera ( NA for Fashion Design), F. Sionil Jose ( NA for Literature) and now Vicente Manansala (NA for Visual Arts); famous in his reinterpreted or indigenized cubism style, he drew his themes from the familiar Filipino environment.   

The collection was launched last night at Glorietta 5, hosted by Divine Lee and Tim Yap. Just like the models they're wearing Manasala Collection. Unfortunately, Male stuffs are not yet available so It leaves me no choice but to envy Tim Yap's coat. 

(from right) Maritess Mendoza-Pineda, President of Friends of Manansala Foundation, Cedie Lopez-Vargas of the The Lopez Museum and Ronna Manansala, granddaughter of Vicente Manansala

The event was like a commemoration for the National Artist since they invited friends and relatives of the late Vicente Manansala to share interesting stories about him.


I also enjoyed watching artist from Kunst Filipino Group do live sketching at the ground floor of G5. 


I actually have my favorite (the picture below) . 


To see more photos like Juan Hapito on Facebook and to know more about these awesome collection like FREEWAY ONLINE also on Facebook or visit http://www.freeway.net.ph/  and get a chance to win a Blacberry Phone on 11.11.11.

Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment